Baking powder biscuits (see recipe below)
1 Pound fresh strawberries, washed & sliced
1/4 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup water
1. Using a potato masher, press 1/2 of the strawberries slightly to express the juice, add the sugar and water, then blend with the remaining berries.
2. Split the biscuits in half, and spoon some of the berries over the top. Serve with lots of whipped cream & dig in!
Baking Powder Biscuits
Serves 4 - 8
2 Cups flour
2 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon sugar (if desired)
1/2 Cup shortening (Crisco)
3/4 Cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a large cookie pan.
2. Mix all dry ingredients very well.
3. Cut the shortening into the dry mixture with a pastry cutter until it looks like small crumbs.
4. Pour in the milk, mix until all the flour is incorporated. The dough will be slightly sticky.
5. Turn dough onto a floured board, knead for 30 seconds, then pat it out into a round flat shape
that is about 1 inch thick. I prefer this method to using a rolling pin!
6. Use a small round glass to cut into biscuits and
bake until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm, with butter or jam.